Quiksilver & Roxy Pro – What’s On at The Strand
on 07 March 2018 in Events
The Quiksilver and Roxy Pro will once again return to Coolangatta’s Snapper Rocks from 11 – 22 March, 2018.
If you’re heading into town to check out the competition, here are 10 reasons you’ll want to stop by The Strand at Coolangatta during the Pro.
- The number one reason to visit – the Opening Party, of course. Boardriders Coolangatta will be hosting the official opening party and hanging with all the Quiksilver and Roxy athletes competing in this year’s event. This free event is strictly limited to the first 100 people, so make a beeline for Boardriders on Friday 9 March from 7pm.
- Meet and greet the whole Quiksilver and Roxy team at Boardriders Coolangatta before they kick off the 2018 Quiksilver & Roxy Pro at Snapper Rocks. There will be photo opportunities, giveaways and free stuff for all ages from 5pm – 6pm on Friday 9 March.
- Hungry? Whether it’s breakfast at Griffith St Larder, lunch at Beach Burrito, dinner at the all new Charr’d or dessert at Gelato Messina, you can unlock a world of global flavours all just a short stroll from the action on the waves.
- Forgot your swimmers or simply want to rock the latest trends on the sand? Find a style that suits your shape and budget at Beach n’ Beyond or Sunburn.
- Grab your caffeine fix to start the day at one of The Strand’s specialty coffee shops including Crema Espresso, The Black Sheep Espresso Baa, Zarraffas or Boardriders’ Café 28.
- No surf on a lay day? Timezone Coolangatta has you sorted, with hours of fun to be had featuring over 200 of the latest games, a full size bowling alley, dodgem cars and laser skirmish.
- Girl power will be making waves at the Roxy Women’s Panel at Boardriders on Thursday 15 March. This public event will be streamed globally via Roxy social media with over 4 million likes! And don’t miss the Roxy Disco Yoga Party with a live DJ in store on Friday 16 March.
- Sit back and relax in comfort after a day on the sand with the latest blockbuster at BCC Cinemas any night of the week, or catch the Boardriders Coolangatta Poor Specimen Movie Night on Saturday 17 March from 7pm, featuring Taylor Steele’s classics from the 90s on the big screen with $5 tacos and $5 beers till 10pm.
- Unwind after the day’s events with a cocktail or brew at Bin 72, the ideal beachfront location for drinks and tapas with friends, or fans of southern fare can tuck into sticky ribs and mac ‘n cheese croquettes at Sweet Lou’s.
- If you love live music, The Strand is turning it on every weekend during the comp. Boardriders Coolangatta will have live tunes each Friday and Saturday night, plus Sunday Sessions supported by Corona featuring DJ Fletcher to keep the good times rolling. On Sunday 18 March, head indoors for a cold one and a boogie with the Mason Rack Band, bringing free live tunes to The Coolangatta Hotel from 2pm.