Unveiling the Coastal Charms: Dive into the Magic of Saltwater Silver
Discover the captivating world of Saltwater Silver, a unique and artistic jewellery brand nestled within The Strand. Owned and curated by the talented Sarah, each piece is a one-of-a-kind original, reflecting her distinct style as a jewellery designer. Crafted with Australian 925 sterling silver, .999 pure silver, and exquisite gemstones, Sarah's creations draw inspiration from the coastal beauty and nature around her. With a passion for craftsmanship and attention to detail, Sarah's jewellery speaks of individuality and charm. Get ready to explore her remarkable collections and immerse yourself in the allure of Saltwater Silver's treasures. Now, let's delve into Sarah's world with some intriguing questions about her craftmanship, inspiration, and most beloved pieces.
1. What makes Saltwater Silver unique and different from other jewellery brands?
My jewellery pieces are predominantly one-off originals, I make variations but generally no 2 are the same. Nothing is massed produced and each piece incorporates my style as a jewellery designer.
2. What materials do you use in your jewellery creations? Are there any specific elements or symbols that hold special significance?
I use Australian 925 sterling silver, Australian .999 pure silver, Karen Hill Tribe silver handmade by the Northern Hill tribes of Thailand and the silver is between 97 and 98% pure silver. I use triple AAA grade gemstones, crystals and semi-precious stones, freshwater and Swarovski pearls.
3. How do you find inspiration for your designs? Are there any particular places or experiences that inspire you?
My inspiration comes form the coastal region we live in, the ocean and beaches, the nature from the Hinterland and the gemstones themselves lend to unique designs.
4. Can you share some insights into the craftsmanship process of creating Saltwater Silver jewellery?
I trained in various levels of jewellery making: traditional silversmithing, chain maille, a medieval technique of linking solid silver rings, wire wrapping and beading. I make my jewellery in the shop, silversmithing is not a quiet profession, lots of sawing, hammering and heat from the soldering.
5. What are some of the most popular pieces or collections from Saltwater Silver? Do you have any personal favourites?
Larimar from the Dominican republic has been my signature gemstone for nearly 30 years, it is very popular and not that easy to find in Australia. The Larimar range I have made is the largest in the collection. I have over 200 different gemstones and crystals, I tend to choose the stones that resonate with myself and my work.
6. How do you ensure the quality and durability of your jewellery? Are there any special care instructions for customers?
With any piece of saltwater Silver jewellery, my customers receive detailed care instructions on how to keep their jewellery with tips and techniques for cleaning and storage. I also provide detailed information on each gemstone and crystal.
Embrace the allure of Saltwater Silver's unique treasures and dive into the waves of magic – head to The Strand today and discover your very own piece of enchantment!