Freshen Your Home for Spring
on 06 September 2017 in General News
Spring is the perfect time to refresh and rejuvenate your living spaces. Pack away the heater, let the light in, and embrace the new season with these fresh ideas from our homewares specialists at The Strand.
- Start with a spring clean to declutter your life and live only with the quality essentials you truly love. Start with everything you haven’t used, needed or enjoyed in the past 12 months. If you want to take it a step further, take everything away and only put back what you know you will definitely use or enjoy in the months ahead. The process doesn’t have to be wasteful – make sure you donate anything usable to Op shops or family and friends rather than throwing it out.
- Next up – flowers! Having a big vase of fresh flowers on the table is a great habit to get into, and spring time is the perfect time to start. Keep it affordable by talking to your local florist about which flowers are most long lasting, and how to care for them to give them the longest life. Picking from your own garden is ideal, if you are lucky enough to be able to do this.
- Different scents tend to suit different seasons and climates. For the perfect spring scent Jacinta’s go-to is Posie’s VOS Candle. Oakmoss, amber and sage are combined with a hint of citrus and lavender, creating a crisp earthy tone. A dewy forest floor to explore.
- Finally, treat yourself to new linen. Spring is the time to pack away the cosy duvet and warm coloured linen sheets to be replaced with crisp white linen sheets and a lighter bedspread or simply a kantha quilt.
- Brighten up your living spaces with a stunning landscape image featuring local photography. For custom framing, choose from Teak, Walnut, white or black timber frames, completed in-store ready for you to pick up.
- Turkish Towels are not just for the beach – colourful and comfortable, these affordable cotton towels are the perfect design to double as a light throw-over for the couch, so you can ditch the heavy winter throws and bring spring into the living room.
- Grab some scented French Milled Soaps by Wavertree & London for the bathroom, with a range of spring fragrances like Beach, Sicilian Orange, Pineapple, Coconut & Lime, and d’Camargue Sea Salt.
- Embrace this season’s must have trend – the relaxed Plantation feel. Select furniture that is both timeless and functional with clean lines – for example, The Cabin Store’s Plantation Collection featuring a louvered look. Dress this back with natural-spun floor rugs, cotton and linen textiles and highlight the space with on trend classic indigo ceramics and pops of lush greenery to bring your interior to life.
- To lift a living space from winter into spring, swap out those heavy winter textures with soft classic cotton and linen cushions. This will freshen up your room instantly creating a lighter feel. Introduce bold colour blocking and pattern for a little fun and bring in those vibrant emerald greens through the use of plants throughout.
- Think native – Australian nature and natives are trending, particularly through artworks for Spring/Summer.
- Bring in fresh-zesty scents that are uplifting and invigorating. Lemongrass, citrus blends and classic floral notes like jasmine are perfect for spring, like the range of scents available in the Huntly & Co candle range in store – locally hand-poured and made with natural soy wax.