Lorna Jane's Choc Mint Raw Slice
Chocolate + mint = a match made in heaven! Peppermint patties, mint slice biscuits…the list goes on. The good news is there is a healthier option you can try: Lorna Jane's raw mint slice. Of course if you can't be bothered making it yourself, you can always grab a slice from the Active Living Room Nourish Cafe. It's the perfect post workout sweet treat.
Makes: 12 serves
We used a square baking tin (27cmx27cm), however you can use any shape that suits.
1 tbs coconut oil
1 cup desiccated coconut
2 tbs cacao
Mint + white Layer:
100g cashews (soaked overnight)
300g desiccated coconut
½ cup water
2tbs coconut oil
½ bunch mint
¼ cup kale or spinach juice (this gives the slice its nice green colour)
1 tbs agar agar
1tbs coconut oil – melted
- Line cake tin with baking paper
- Blend all ingredients for base in food processor until desired texture is reached. Or until you can press mixture together, and it stays.
- Press into base of cake tin ensuring layer is even and flat and place in freezer.
Mint + white layer layer:
- Add all mint layer ingredients (except mint, water and agar agar) and blend in processor until smooth. Add small amounts of water at a time if the mixture is still too dry.
- Take out half and set aside in a bowl.
- In the food processor, add the mint (and water if still dry) until smooth.
- In a saucepan, heat water and agar until dissolved.
- Slowly pour half the agar into with the food processor running. Set mixture aside.
- Roughly clean out your food processor and add the other half of the white ingredients you set aside earlier and process the remaining agar agar.
- Spread the white layer onto the base first, allow to set slightly in the freezer for 2 minutes, then add the green layer.
- Place in freezer for roughly 2 hours or until set. Cut into portion sizes.
- Mix cacao and coconut oil together until a smooth and shiny consistency is reached. Drizzle over the slice portions, then place in freezer to set.
For more delicious and nourishing recipes like this one, visit www.movenourishbelieve.com