Things to do in Coolangatta at night
on 27 May 2015
Home to some of the best beaches on the east coast, Cooly also offers a few good reasons to stick around after a day in the sun: whether it’s an afternoon cocktail, vintage wine with dinner, or dancing the night away, there’s something for everyone.
- Birch Carrol & Coyle Cinema: catch the latest movies in 2D and 3D at this 6 Cinema complex with Dolby Digital sound. Whether you’re enjoying a romantic evening or a catch up with friends, Birch Carroll & Coyle Coolangatta is the perfect spot to catch the latest movies.
- Coolangatta Hotel: a local institution, Cooly Hotel is one of Australia’s best live entertainment venues, regularly featuring live music from local and international acts, up-and-coming DJs, plus coverage of all the biggest fights and games. If dance music is more your thing, the hotel also offers Icon Nightclub and Lounge Bar, where the dance floor is always packed on Friday and Saturday nights. And if you’re just looking for a great feed with an unbeatable view, try Crave restaurant – open for lunch, dinner and breakfast on Sundays.
- The Surf Club Coolangatta: with beachfront views from Rainbow Bay to Surfers Paradise and icy cold beers on tap, the Surf Club is a favourite with locals for a reason. The club offers a family-friendly, award winning restaurant with quality food at great prices, plus a modern gaming room, and weekly meat and seafood raffles!
- Bin 72: the third restaurant for acclaimed Gold Coast chef Daniel Ridgeway, Bin 72 offers a sophisticated selection of mains, share plates and small plates, plus an impressive assortment of cocktails and vintage wines. It’s the perfect spot for an intimate dinner, catch up with friends, or post-work drinks – with the added bonus of a spectacular beachfront view.
- Coolangatta & Tweed Heads Golf Club: if you’re not a fan of golf, the family-friendly club also offers a range of dining choices, live music, and it’s the ideal venue for weddings and functions.
- Café 28 Cooly: part of the Quiksilver flagship concept store, Boardriders, Café 28 is buzzing throughout the day, but it really comes alive Friday and Saturday nights, with live music from local bands pumping and drinks flowing.
- The Strand’s dining precinct offers a variety of cuisines:
- Top Noodle: a Japanese-style noodle bar serving a wide variety of affordable and tasty food.
- O’Sushi: authentic Japanese cuisine that’s fresh, healthy and delicious.
- Grill’d: with a wide range of gourmet fillings available, Grill’d is your go-to for a delicious, healthier burger; a world away from the usual, greasy burger options.
- Indulge your sweet tooth: The Strand offers a number of tempting options for the dessert connoisseur:
- Gelato Messina: renowned for their creative flavour combinations, Messina’s line-up includes the ‘40 signature flavour cabinet’ including crowd favourites salted caramel and white chocolate, tiramisu, and pistachio, plus the infamous ‘specials board’ which includes 5 new flavour combinations each week.
- Max Brenner: a chocoholic’s dream come true, Max Brenner offers the ultimate chocolate experience.
- Passiontree Velvet: indulge in a world of edible luxury, with decadent high tea, freshly baked scones, French macarons, cakes and a tempting array of chocolates.
- Komune Beach Club: bringing a little bit of Miami to Coolangatta…Komune offers great food, exotic cocktails, live music, and resident DJs – with a crazy party vibe.
- Coolangatta Sands Hotel: “The Sands” offers great food, live music and a relaxed atmosphere, just 100 metres from the nearest beach. With local bands and solo artists performing from Thursday to Sunday, plus a Backpacker Hostel upstairs, The Sands is a favourite haunt for both locals and tourists, all looking for a good time.