Spring Decorating Tips from Eco Chic
Spring is the perfect time to freshen up your home – so say goodbye to the dark depths of winter and hello to sunshine and bright days with these tips from our very own interior design experts at Eco Chic at The Strand.
1. Bring the outdoors in! Spring is a great time for flowers so make sure you have a few vases around to display them in. You don’t have to spend a lot – just a few monstera leaves can look stunning. Also, indoor plants are back in style, and if you are a plant killer, the artificial ones nowadays look amazing, or just grab a cute little succulent.
2. Don't be colour blind. We know that neutral is safe and beautiful, but every room needs a punchy little accent. A bit timid? Go for indigo or blush pink. Feeling a bit bolder? Burnt coral and petrol blue have made a big comeback.
3. Do create an outdoor living room. Your outdoor space might need more than a little broom up. Gone are the days of setting out a few plastic chairs – outdoor living means comfortable seating, rugs, candles, pillows, the works!
4. Get your bed ready for summer. Almost ready to ditch that doonah? It might be time for a new cover to freshen things up, or even better, a quilt – not too warm but that little bit heavier than just a sheet for those warm nights.
5. Make it personal. It’s fine to watch The Block and read style magazines, but really sophisticated spaces need your own personal touch. Truly chic rooms look like they evolved effortlessly over years, not redone in a makeover on one weekend! Ignore the fast trends and buy what you love and will treasure for years to come.
Need more home inspiration? Head to The Strand at Coolangatta on Saturday 24 September as we launch Spring in the centre, with homewares workshops, special offers and much more.
Cris from Eco Chic will be on hand to give shoppers her Top 10 Decorating Tips for making your home beautiful and 10 Mistakes to Avoid. Sessions start at 10am and 1pm and will cover everything from tabletop styling, trends, colour, mixing styles and hanging art, to lighting and eco-friendly living. No need to register, just come along – it’s free!
There’s also a Spring-scented gift for customers that spend over $50 in participating stores between 24 September and 2 October – with Huntley & Co. handpoured candles up for grabs for the first 50 customer each day.