Guide to the Ultimate Father's Day
on 21 August 2017
Whether you’re on the hunt for the perfect present or looking for a unique way to celebrate your old man, getting the right gift is easy with our guide to Father’s Day at The Strand.
- Freshen up dad’s look with a Gift Voucher for a traditional barbershop experience with a modern twist at Edward & Co Barber Shop. He’ll love the complimentary cold beer or warming whisky!
- Is your dad a big kid? Take him to Timezone Coolangatta for an action packed day of fun, featuring classic favourites from his childhood as well as a range of the latest games and attractions.
- Slide a scratchie in his Father’s Day card from the Lotto Kiosk – he may even scratch a winner!
- Spoil dad with a Father’s Day BBQ where you do the cooking. Get all your free range meat and artisan goods from Meat Merchant for a feast he won’t forget.
- If his favourite threads are worn through, treat dad to a new outfit from Coolangatta Menswear.
- For a low key outing that ticks all the boxes, get restaurant quality fish and chips from Selfish and head across the road for a beachfront picnic in the park.
- For the surfing dads, Boardriders Coolangatta and Inverted Bodyboarding have you sorted. From bodyboards and surfboards to wetsuits or a new pair of boardies, there is something to make the saltwater dads smile.
- Grab dad a man candle at Stock & Supply. There’s no fruity fragrances here – poured in-house, the Nomadic Scents range features manly concoctions from Bay Rum and natural wood smoke to green tea and fresh basil.
- For the dad that’s hard to buy for, you can’t go wrong with a six-pack or bottle of his favourite brew from Cooly Liquor. Make it two.
- Pick up some new kicks, or deck dad out with the latest skating gear from Concrete Lines Skate Shop.