Get ready for a blast from the past: the biggest 50’s and 60’s nostalgia festival in Australia, Cooly Rocks On
, will hit the streets of Cooly and Tweed Heads from 29 May to 8 June. Bringing 2 huge weeks of Rock 'n roll, Rockabilly, and Swing music, plus over 1,000 hot rods, custom cars and classic vehicles, the festival attracts over 100,000 visitors year after year.
With different events on every night and more retro cars arriving each day, the festival builds and builds and the atmosphere is incredible. More than 50 rock 'n roll and rockabilly bands from all over the country will perform alongside special guest international artists, fuelling the party mood while people dance the night away.
There’s loads to see and do:
- Take your tastebuds on a trip back in time and sample vintage-style food
- Explore over 100 retro and craft market stalls
- Sharpen up your dance moves and take part in a dance workshop: learn a variety of dance styles including rock 'n roll, rockabilly and swing.
- Think you’ve already got the moves? Enter the Dance Competition and you may just take home the crown!
- For a mass with a difference, attend a non-denominational Rock ‘n’ Roll Church Service
- Garage Torque: rub shoulders with the greats, such as Jim Richards, the 7 time Bathurst winner and legendary racing car driver.
- Don’t miss out on the spectacle that is the Sharp Motor Group Street Parade - over 1,300 vehicles including vintage cars, boats and floats will line the streets in one of the biggest car displays ever staged in Australia.
- Plus, there’s the Kirra Beach Surf Precinct, Family Fun Zone, Poodle-Oodle Parade and more.
The festival is free to enter but tickets to paid events sell out quickly, so make sure you don’t miss out