Jamie's Piri Piri Prawns With Feta
on 18 November 2015
Summer is almost here and that means Christmas is on its way! This delicious recipe from Jamie Oliver is the perfect accompaniment to your Christmas day lunch: light, tasty and full of flavour, it won't weigh you down, so you'll have more room for Christmas pudding! Grab all the ingredients you need from Woolworths
, open every day except Christmas day, for your convenience.
4 cloves of garlic
2 fresh red chillies
1/2 teaspoon sweet smoked paprika
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
12 large Australian Green Prawns
A few sprigs of fresh mint
1 tablespoon honey
50g feta cheese
- Peel and finely chop the garlic and de-seed and finely chop the chillies.
- Place in a medium bowl with the paprika, oregano and prawns, then season with sea salt and black pepper.
- Drizzle with a good lug of oil, toss everything together and leave to marinate for at least 1 hour in the fridge.
- If cooking the prawns on the barbecue, place 4 wooden skewers in a tray of water to soak, this will stop them from burning.
- Preheat the barbecue to medium or, if using a griddle pan, place over a high heat.
- Pick the mint leaves and halve the lemons.
- Shake any excess marinade off the prawns. If barbecuing, thread 3 prawns on each skewer and place on the barbecue with the lemon halves cut-side down. If griddling, place the prawns straight onto the griddle pan, with the lemons cut-side down. Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until opaque and cooked through.
- Serve the prawns drizzled with the honey. Crumble over the feta and scatter over the mint leaves and rocket. Carefully squeeze over the charred lemons and serve straight away.
: to double check the prawns are cooked, cut one open and check the inside – the flesh should be opaque.
For more delicious recipes like this one, visit www.woolworths.com.au