Find Vintage Fashion at The Strand
on 14 May 2019
With Cooly Rocks On just around the corner, The Strand at Coolangatta is the place to be as our seaside suburb comes to life with vintage fashionistas embracing the big skirts, bold colours and iconic patterns of the 50s, 60s and 70s.
Thankfully, the vintage trend is back in a big way—with everything from the staple denim jeans and leather jacket taking a turn back in time to match the style that was popular during the era.
For the ladies, think cherry pops, full skirts and swing dancing sneakers, or pair high waisted denim shorts with some vintage swimwear to soak up the winter sunshine in true Coolangatta style. Men can get into the spirit with a button-down shirt and pair of shiny shoes, or a rustic leather jacket and a fresh barbershop cut with a vintage twist to channel their inner James Dean.
Check out where you can get these looks and join the Cooly Rocks On spirit.
WOMEN | SHOP THE LOOK
- Head to Esteem’s Boutique for vintage dresses and accessories
- Find a range of clothing in bright colours and patterns at Ritzi Boutique
- For a modern take on vintage classics, you can’t go past Olive & Vern
- Get your hands on skirts and dresses in iconic patterns at My Juju Dance Fever – plus don’t forget some shoes!
- Dress to impress with vintage swimwear at Beach N Beyond
- Get your locks to match your frocks with a fresh do at Vibe Hair & Beauty or Haircorp
MEN | SHOP THE LOOK