UPDATED: 25th March 2020
As COVID-19 continues to impact our communities, we’re living in an uncertain world right now, however at this stage our centre is open and committed to ensuring our community can access the products and services they require.
On Sunday night 22nd March, the National Cabinet announced that selected non-essential services would be restricted from opening from midday 23 March 2020 affecting tenants within our shopping centre. The restrictions were bought into place to provide greater enforcement on social distancing.
The following operators were required to close if within our centre:
• Pubs, registered and licenced clubs (excluding bottle shops attached to these venues), hotels (excluding accommodation)
• Gyms and indoor sporting venues
• Cinemas, entertainment venues, casinos, and night clubs
• Restaurants and cafés will be restricted to takeaway and/or home delivery
Our restaurants, cafes & food areas remain open, providing takeaway and in some cases delivery for customers. Any seating areas have been removed for now. You will have noticed that some retailers will have implemented measures to assist in delineating safe spaces from which to queue and place orders etc. We would ask that you be mindful of this and please assist with complying with these measures for our collective wellbeing.
On Tuesday evening, 24th March the National Cabinet announced among other things that food courts within shopping centres can no longer operate except for takeaway. As part of the latest measures beauty therapy, tanning, waxing, nail salons, spas and massage parlours will no longer be able to operate. Hairdressers and barber shops can continue to provide services subject to managing social distancing and the number of people in their premises.
As per below we will continue to monitor guidance and advice from the relevant health authorities working closely with our retailers.
Thank you for your ongoing support through this challenging time, we will continue to keep you updated on a regular basis.
UPDATE: 17th March 2020
Our Commitment to you, a COVID-19 update
As COVID-19 begins to impact our communities, we are continuing to monitor the ever-changing situation, with a commitment to the health and safety of our customers, retailers & staff and assurance that we are continuing to ensure the safest possible environment for you.
Following the advice from relevant government health authorities; we have taken the necessary additional precautionary steps to ensure your safety within our centre. These include:
• Strengthened our cleaning processes; across highly frequented touch points
• Rolled out health department awareness campaign posters across key amenities and public spaces to ensure all preventative measures are taking place by the public
• Providing staff with the appropriate training and guidance with regards to being vigilant with their hygiene & symptoms of the virus; we urge our customers to do the same
As outlined, we will continue to monitor guidance and advice from the relevant health authorities and will take the required precautionary action. Your safety comes first, and we will keep you updated on a regular basis on our response to COVID-19.
Thank you for you continued support during this challenging time.