UPDATED: 30th March 2021
QLD Government MANDATED MASK requirements
Due to the ongoing COVID 19 situation in Queensland we are now following the QLD Government MANDATED Mask Requirements which means:
You must wear a mask in indoor spaces, such as: shopping centres, supermarkets, retail outlets and indoor markets.
This requirement is in place from 5.00pm on 29 March 2021 for THREE Days until 5.00 pm Thursday 1 April 2021 unless the Government Restrictions change.
We thank you for following this to keep our community safe.
Stay up to date with the latest information and the steps we are taking.
The health, safety and well-being of our customers, retailers, staff and community is always our highest priority. In addition to our standard practices, we’ve proactively introduced the following precautionary measures, to ensure you can visit us with confidence.
- We have increased cleaning schedules of high contact surface points, including amenities, handles and rails and other touch points around the Centre.
- We have introduced signage throughout the Centre to remind people to wear masks.
- Our hand sanitiser stations are located throughout the Centre.
We want to assure our customers and community that we are monitoring and acting on current and future government and relevant health authority’s advice.
SOCIAL DISTANCING & HYGIENE
We ask for your support and request you follow the good hygiene and social distancing guidelines:
- Please wear a mask in the Centre
- Our shops are trading under strict COVID Safe arrangements as implemented by the QLD Health Officer and Gold Coast City Health. Look out for the details posted.
- Our cafes and restaurants need your contact details under the Government’s COVID Safe plans if you want to sit and enjoy a meal or drink so please respect the staff and give them the details requested.
- Stay more than 1.5 metres away from people
- Cover your coughs and sneezes with your elbow or a tissue
- Dispose of tissues properly
- Wash your hands often with soap and water, including before and after eating and after going to the toilet
- Use alcohol-based hand sanitisers
- Please stay at home if you’re experiencing symptoms
We would like to thank you for your continued support during this time and look forward to seeing you soon.
Keep yourself up to date with the latest restrictions here.
UPDATED: 25th March 2020
As COVID-19 continues to impact our communities, we’re living in an uncertain world right now, however at this stage our centre is open and committed to ensuring our community can access the products and services they require.
On Sunday night 22nd March, the National Cabinet announced that selected non-essential services would be restricted from opening from midday 23 March 2020 affecting tenants within our shopping centre. The restrictions were bought into place to provide greater enforcement on social distancing.
The following operators were required to close if within our centre:
• Pubs, registered and licenced clubs (excluding bottle shops attached to these venues), hotels (excluding accommodation)
• Gyms and indoor sporting venues
• Cinemas, entertainment venues, casinos, and night clubs
• Restaurants and cafés will be restricted to takeaway and/or home delivery
Our restaurants, cafes & food areas remain open, providing takeaway and in some cases delivery for customers. Any seating areas have been removed for now. You will have noticed that some retailers will have implemented measures to assist in delineating safe spaces from which to queue and place orders etc. We would ask that you be mindful of this and please assist with complying with these measures for our collective wellbeing.
On Tuesday evening, 24th March the National Cabinet announced among other things that food courts within shopping centres can no longer operate except for takeaway. As part of the latest measures beauty therapy, tanning, waxing, nail salons, spas and massage parlours will no longer be able to operate. Hairdressers and barber shops can continue to provide services subject to managing social distancing and the number of people in their premises.
As per below we will continue to monitor guidance and advice from the relevant health authorities working closely with our retailers.
Thank you for your ongoing support through this challenging time, we will continue to keep you updated on a regular basis.
UPDATE: 17th March 2020
Our Commitment to you, a COVID-19 update
As COVID-19 begins to impact our communities, we are continuing to monitor the ever-changing situation, with a commitment to the health and safety of our customers, retailers & staff and assurance that we are continuing to ensure the safest possible environment for you.
Following the advice from relevant government health authorities; we have taken the necessary additional precautionary steps to ensure your safety within our centre. These include:
• Strengthened our cleaning processes; across highly frequented touch points
• Rolled out health department awareness campaign posters across key amenities and public spaces to ensure all preventative measures are taking place by the public
• Providing staff with the appropriate training and guidance with regards to being vigilant with their hygiene & symptoms of the virus; we urge our customers to do the same
As outlined, we will continue to monitor guidance and advice from the relevant health authorities and will take the required precautionary action. Your safety comes first, and we will keep you updated on a regular basis on our response to COVID-19.
Thank you for you continued support during this challenging time.