In Season: Coconut Banana Bread
Autumn has officially arrived and as the weather cools down, there is no better time to warm up with some freshly baked treats.
Bananas are a nutritional powerhouse available all year round, packed with everything from heart-healthy potassium and energy-giving carbohydrates.
With good seasonal prices on offer right now at Strand Fresh Fruit
, it’s worth keeping a few over-ripe bananas in the fruit bowl to make this simple and delicious banana bread with a healthy twist of ingredients that you can find at Healthy House.
Coconut Banana Bread
- 4 ripe bananas (about 1 ½ cups mashed)
- ¾ cup coconut flour (available at Healthy House)
- 5 free range eggs
- ¼ cup coconut flower nectar (available at Healthy House)
- 1 teaspoon organic ground cinnamon (available at Healthy House)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a loaf pan with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, mash the bananas with a fork.
- Once mashed, add the coconut flour, eggs, coconut nectar, cinnamon, baking soda, salt and vanilla. Use a whisk to stir the batter until smooth.
- Pour the batter into the lined loaf pan and bake for 45 minutes or until the centre of the loaf has risen and started to crack.
- Cool completely before slicing and serving.
Get your hands on delicious local bananas at Strand Fresh Fruit and all the ingredients you need to make this guilt-free treat at Healthy House, located on Level 1 at The Strand.