Terms and Conditions (TCS shop for your school)
The Strand Coolangatta School Rewards 2023 Terms and Conditions
Information on ‘How to Enter’ forms part of these terms and conditions (Conditions of Entry). Entry into the School Rewards (the “Promotion”) is deemed to be an acceptance of the following terms and conditions. Entries must comply with these conditions to be valid.
- Who can enter? Entry is only open to Australian residents. Management, employees, retailers, tenants of participating centres and their immediate families associated with this Promotion are eligible to enter the Customer Competition. Staff and Retailers of The Strand Coolangatta are eligible to donate to the Points for your School but must not present receipts from their own store.
- This Promotion is restricted to schools which have registered their participation with the Promoter, as set out in clause 8.
- Promotion Period: The Promotion opens at 9.00am Tuesday 1st August 2023 and closes at 5.00pm on Thursday 31st August 2023.
- How to enter?
The school rewards competition is made up of two parts;
- School Competition: Registered schools compete for a share of $6,500 in community grants across 3 prizes, 1st $4,000, 2nd $1,750, 3rd $750. Shoppers donating receipts during the promotional period can support their local school with anonymous receipt donations or alternatively can support both the schools and themselves via entrance into the customer competition by registering as a ‘School Rewards Member’.
- Customer Competition: A shopper can support their local school with their receipt/s donations and be entered into the draws to win the customer competition prize; 1 in 4 $100 Strand Gift Vouchers. Registration of the ‘School Rewards’ membership is open from 9.00am Tuesday 1st August 2023 and closes at 5.00pm on Thursday 31st August 2023.
- Receipts must be from a participating retailer at The Strand Coolangatta.
- Receipts must be dated within the Promotion Period to be valid.
- Receipts are invalid if illegible, forged, mutilated, copied or tampered with in any way.
- Receipts will be validated within 48 hours of submission and added to the tally.
- The more receipts you submit the better your chances of winning the shopper prize.
- Soliciting for receipts from customers within the centre and surrounding areas is prohibited.
- The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of receipts and to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process or who submits a receipt that is not in accordance with the Conditions of Entry.
- Receipts from bill payments such as the payment of credit card bills, ATM or bank transactions, bank fees and charges, service bills (such as gas, electricity, rates and phone bills), cash advances/withdrawals, account charges, government fees and interest charges are not accepted as part of the Promotion.
- Receipts from transaction receipts, and lay-by payments are not accepted as part of the Promotion.
- A maximum of $5,000 in one transaction is limited to the allocation of points to the school of choice. Receipts exceeding $5,000 in one transaction will not be accepted to the allocation of points.
- Receipts from tobacco, currency, and TAB will not be accepted as part of the Promotion.
- The Promoter reserves the right to make a copy of or mark any receipts used by an entrant to enter this Promotion.
- The winning school must provide suitable identification to the Promoters’ satisfaction to be entitled to claim the prize.
Bonus Point Allocation: bonus point allocation will be as follows:
- Early Bird Registrations: 100 bonus points (issued before the campaign begins) for each school that registers as per their specified entry date letter approved by the promotor.
6. Details of the Registered School Prize: The registered schools will be judged by the most points allocated during the Promotion Period against per student enrolled at the school. There are three (3) prizes to be won in accordance with clause 11.
- Prizes will be awarded to the winning schools in the form of bank deposit within one month of the school providing an invoice for the winning prize amount. The winning schools will be contacted by phone on Monday 4th September 2023 and will also be notified in writing thereafter. If the school is not contactable due to being away on school holidays, the school will be contacted on their return.
- The winners will be published on https://www.strandcoolangatta.com.au by Friday 8th September 2023.
- The final ranking of each school will be determined by the school’s overall participation in the Promotion (the total number of points allocated will be divided by the number of students enrolled at the school to establish a participation percentage). In the event that two or more schools have earned the same amount of total points per student the prize pool will be added together and divided between those schools.
- Details of the Individual Customer Competition: Customers are invited to register as a School Rewards (“School Rewards”) member during the Promotion Period to participate for their chance to win 1 in 4 $100 vouchers. To register, customers must visit www.thestrandschoolrewards.com.au and register their details online.
- Each time a customer submits receipts, they are automatically entered into the Customer Competition (“Customer Competition”) draws.
- Customers will receive one entry per receipt upload from a receipt from any participating retailer during the promotional period.
- Receipts must be dated within the Promotion Period.
- The more receipts a customer uploads the more entries they have into the draw.
- The winner of the Customer Competition prizes will be determined by random electronic draws.
- The winners of the Customer Competition must provide suitable identification to the promoters’ satisfaction to be entitled to claim the prize.
- The prizes are not redeemable for cash and not transferable and must be taken as offered by the Promoter.
- The winners of the Customer Competition prizes will be notified by phone within 48 hours of draws taking place
- The Prize must be picked up from Centre Management, during office hours. A Participant claiming to be a Prize Winner will be required to provide proof of identity.
- If despite every reasonable effort, the prize winners cannot be contacted within 2 weeks of the draw taking place, a re-draw will take place.
- Customers who combine receipts with other shoppers will be excluded from the individual customer draw. The customer draw is strictly for individual entries only. Determined at the promoter’s discretion.
- Participating schools
- Mastery Schools Australia
- Fingal Head Public School
- St Joseph’s Primary School
- Hillcrest Christian College – Rise Program
- Coolangatta State School
- Centaur Primary School
- Currumbin Community Special School
- Elanora State School
- St Andrews Lutheran College
- Tweed River High School
- Surfrider Investments Pty Ltd ABN 90 091 944 080 trading as “The Strand at Coolangatta”, 72-80 Marine Parade, Coolangatta QLD 4225.
- Disqualification: The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of any entry and to disqualify any entrant who forged, manipulated or tampered with the entry process, who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these terms and conditions or who does not provide all information requested on the entry form, where applicable.
- Prizes: Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and may not be redeemed for cash and must be taken as offered. Variety of products is based on availability and while stocks last. All prizes are accepted entirely at the risk of the winner, and the Promoter excludes all warranties in connection with any prize to the extent permitted by law. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute any prize with a prize of equal or greater value (including where the prize is unavailable for whatever reason).. The prize and/or any element of the prize must be taken as stated and cannot be varied by the winner. No compensation will be payable if the winner is unable to use their prize and/or any element of the prize as stated.
Total prize value: The total maximum prize value is $6,900. The value of each prize is accurate as at the date of commencement of the Promotion. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the prize(s).
The registered school prizes details:
Registered School Prize Pool $6,500
Customer competition prize details
There will be four winners drawn at the end of the Promotion. “Prize” a $100 The Strand at Coolangatta voucher each week during the campaign period.
- The draw for the Customer Competition will occur at 11am on 15th August, 22nd August, 29th August, and 5th September 2023 via an electronic draw at the office of Compco Digital, 15/9 Eurilpa Ave, Everard Park SA 5065.)
- Variation/cancellation: If for any reason this Promotion is not capable of running as planned, the Promoter reserves the right in its discretion to modify the terms of the Promotion including these terms and conditions and the prizes, subject to approval of the gaming authorities in each State and Territory where relevant.
- Liability and release: The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury, loss or damage suffered or sustained (even caused by negligence) in connection with accepting or using a prize or participating in this Promotion, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. The Promoter is not responsible for defective prizes, lost or stolen prizes or misuse of any prize. All entrants release from, and indemnify the Promoter against, all liability, cost, loss or expense arising out of acceptance of any prize(s) or participation in this Promotion including (but not limited to) personal injury and damage to property and whether direct or consequential, foreseeable, due to some negligent act or omission or otherwise.
- Printing errors: In the event of printing errors, quality control matters, structural faults or similar factors, any claims for prizes or entitlements to claims will be dealt with in accordance with the relevant state legislative requirements.
- Privacy: By entering this Promotion, (unless the entrant has specified otherwise) each entrant consents to the personal information they submit with their entry being used for the primary purposes of: administering this Promotion, passing on information to related entities and to enter into a database for future promotional, marketing and publicity activities of the Promoter or its related entities. An entrant may request access to his or her personal information held by the Promoter by contacting the Promoter’s Privacy Officer. The Promoter may deny a request for access in some circumstances. If it does it will tell you why. An access fee may be charged to cover the Promoter’s costs of providing the information. The Promoter regards the security of personal information as a priority however the Promoter cannot guarantee the security of personal information provided.
- Record keeping: The Promoter will retain the entry form and other records relating to this Promotion for the period it is required to in accordance with the relevant state legislative requirements (after the date on which the winners are drawn, after which the entry form will be destroyed if the entrant has indicated on the entry form that he or she does not wish to receive any further information from the Promoter.
- Entries property of the Promoter: All entries (including any information or drawings or items submitted with the entry) become the property of the Promoter. By entering this Promotion, each entrant consents to the entry being used by the Promoter (and the Promoter’s related entities and agents) for any purpose whatsoever (including without limitation, in print and electronic format) and the Promoter may use, reproduce or modify the entry or any part of the entry without any further reference to the entrant (including not naming the entrant as the creator) or payment or other compensation to the entrant. Without limiting the foregoing, the Promoter may use all or any part of the entry on the Promoter’s website or in other forms of social media or on other websites or in any other media used by the Promoter for an indefinite period of time without attribution to the entrant.
- Photograph of winner and media activities: The name and photograph of the winner(s) may be used for promotional purposes by the Promoter, unless the winner notifies the Promoter at the time of accepting the prize that he or she does not consent to such use. Each winner agrees to participate in any news media activities surrounding the Promotion.
- Promoter’s decision final: All decisions of the Promoter with respect to the matters referred to in these terms and conditions are final and no correspondence will be entered into, including in the event of a dispute.
- Entries: No responsibility is accepted by the Promoter for late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly entered or misdirected entries.