Come in and check out your favourite DreamWorks Hero, Kung Fu Panda, brought to life in sand at The Strand. It’s all a part of the Sand Safari sand trail, with DreamWorks sculptures from Tweed Heads to Loganholme!
Your favourite DreamWorks Heroes are visiting Surfers Paradise for Sand Safari from Feb 12, but you can grab a sneak peek with our sand sculpture right here in centre till 28th February. It’s all in the lead up to The Australian Sand Sculpting Championships in Surfers Paradise, Feb 12-28, where 10 talented sculptors will carve 10 tonnes of sand into magnificent sculptures of DreamWorks heroes, all vying for the 2016 championship title.
The Sand Safari includes:
- Sand Trail (5 to 28 February): Follow your favourite DreamWorks heroes across southeast Queensland with a Sand Trail from Tweed Heads to Loganholme.
- Sand & Sea Sculptures (5 to 28 February): See giant inflatable street art and urban interventions from international artists Filthy Luker & Pedro Estrellas take over the precinct, all in-line with the Sand & Sea theme.
- Pop-up Photographic Galleries & Photography Competition (5 to 28 February): Admire the work of professionals, amateurs and students of Surfers Paradise State Primary as photographs inspired by Sand & Sea are placed on display in our Sand Safari pop-up photo galleries.
- Mural Art (5 to 7 February)
- 2016 Australian Sand Sculpting Championships (12 to 14 February): Watch on as 10 talented sculptors carve 10 tonnes of sand into magnificent sculptures of DreamWorks heroes, all vying for the 2016 title championship. Winners will be announced 4pm Sunday 14 February, but sculptures will remain open for viewing until Sunday 28 February.
- Sand Art Activities and Workshops (12 to 28 February)
- DreamWorks Heroes Exhibition (17 to 28 February): Made from a massive 50 tonnes of sand in total, see international sculptors Jakub Zimacek and Jan Zelinka over just four days create DreamWorks heroes sculptures big enough for you get right up close and have a photo with.