Warmer weather is finally here and it's time to make the most of the beautiful fruit coming into season. There's no better snack than fruit to keep you feeling fresh, give you energy, and (most importantly) it tastes great! But if you're a little bored of your typical banana or apple routine, why not mix it up with a Fresh Fruit Parcel? A delicious twist on the traditional Vietnamese rice paper roll, these tasty morsels are a delicious and healthy snack to keep the junk food cravings at bay. Makes: 4 prep time: 10 minutes For the parcels you will need:
4 rice paper sheets
1 large plate
1 damp tea towel Strawberry coconut and mint:
8-10 strawberries, sliced
Flesh of one whole young coconut
Half a bunch of fresh mint leaves Orange, blueberry and pomegranate:
1 orange, cut into slices with peel removed
half a punnet of blueberries
half a pomegranate, arils removed Raspberry, mint, apple, passionfruit:
half a punnet of raspberries (depending in how many you want to include)
Half a bunch of fresh mint leaves
half an apple, julienned
half a passionfruit for each roll made Delicious dipping sauce:
2 tbsp. honey
Juice of half a lime
1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
1 tbsp. chopped mint Let’s make it:
- Start by chopping your fruit, washing your fresh mint and scooping out the coconut flesh and passionfruit.
- Next, prepare your rice paper. Fill a large plate with warm water and submerge one sheet for 10 seconds, then transfer to the damp tea towel. The tea towel will slowly turn the sheet soft.
- At the bottom of the sheet with a 2cm gap, lay your strawberry slices down, about 4 slices.
- Next, layer the coconut flesh, then fresh mint. Fold over the bottom of the rice paper, then the sides, then roll your parcel once, fold in sides again, and roll once more.
- For the dipping sauce, combine all ingredients together and mix well in a small bowl.
For more delicious and nourishing recipes like this one, visit www.movenourishbelieve.com