Let’s face it – some of us just aren’t morning people. And if you struggle to get out of bed in the morning, then breakfast may be the last thing on your mind. But a good breakfast will keep you powering through the day and help you avoid an afternoon energy slump, so it’s important to make it a priority. Whether you’ve got time to sit down and eat or you grab something on the go, try these healthy breakfasts for busy people: Last minute breakfasts
Prepare the night before
- Sliced apple, cheddar cheese and a handful of nuts in a resealable plastic bag
- Wholegrain toast with peanut butter and banana
- Fruit smoothie: blend milk, frozen berries, a banana, yoghurt and 2 teaspoons of peanut butter in a blender.
- Sliced avocado and tomato on wholegrain toast
- Tub of yoghurt and piece of fruit
- 1 or 2 boiled eggs and a piece of fruit
- Muesli bar and a handful of nuts
Lorna Jane Nourish Cafe
- Bircher muesli: soak oats in milk or yoghurt with almonds, sunflower seeds and grated apple. In the morning, stir through a small handful of berries.
- Healthy muffins: bake these the night before and just grab one the next morning. Use an oat-based recipe sweetened with fruit and just a pinch of sugar, such as banana and nut, berry, and carrot, date and walnut. If you prefer savoury to sweet, replace the fruit with combinations such as pumpkin and goats cheese or zucchini, spinach and ham.
- Spinach and sweet potato frittata: a great alternative to an omelette or breakfast burrito
- Cook up some scrambled egg, sliced mushrooms and tomato. In the morning, simply lay the ingredients on a wrap, roll and eat on the go!
- Sliced fruit with yoghurt
- Breakfast trifle: layer fruit, muesli, nuts and yoghurt in a plastic container and keep in refrigerated overnight.
- Mini-frittatas: mix eggs, ham, vegies, milk and sprinkle with cheese, then bake in oven till set.
- Banana pancakes: just two ingredients – mix equal parts banana and egg and pan-fry.
While we all have the best of intentions, if you find yourself running out the front door without breakfast, why not stop by Lorna Jane
Nourish Café to grab a healthy and delicious breakfast on the go. Choose from:
- 100% organic coffee
- Sultana activated oats
- Chocolate chia seed pudding
- Chia seed parfait
- A delicious range of smoothies and cold-pressed juices
- Nourish Super Bowl
- Acai bowl
- Acai parfait
- Organic granola bowl
- Organic sourdough
- Organic soy and linseed sourdough
- Organic fruit sourdough
- Gluten free toast