Open since 2008, Sun's Massage Centre specialises in acupoint massage and treatment to assist with a number of health issues including muscle aches, sport injuries, nerve pain, ligament swelling, sciatica, and more. Health rebates are available.
Massage treatments include:
Benefits of massage:
- Neck, shoulder
- Neck, shoulder, back
- Back, legs
- Neck, shoulder, back, arms, head
- Whole body
- Luxury whole body
- Aromatherapy massage
- Therapy massage: includes wry neck, headache, frozen shoulder, sciatica, tennis elbow, ear candling and head, cupping and massage
Types of massage:
- Sitting for prolonged periods (hello office workers!) can cause postural stress, which shows up as pain or weakness in the lower back and gluteals. Regular massage can help correct the imbalance caused by too much sitting.
- Massage can help soothe tired, sore muscles by improving circulation
- It can be therapeutic and relaxing, thus soothing anxiety and depression
- You'll sleep better - massage enhances relaxation and sleep.
- Massage is good for babies too! It decreases stress and helps babies sleep more and cry less
- It boosts immunity by increasing white blood cell count (this plays a large role in defending the body against illness)
- Massage decreases the frequency and severity of tension headaches
- Aromatherapy massage: massage with the addition of essential oils to help with specific needs – some oils are relaxing, energising, stress-reducing, balancing, etc.
- Hot Stone Massage: heated stones are placed on certain parts of the body to warm and relax tight muscles and balance energy centres. The therapist may hold the stones and apply gentle pressure. Hot stone massage is ideal for people who suffer from muscle tension but prefer a light massage.
- Reflexology: more than just simple foot massage, reflexology involves applying pressure to certain points on the foot that correspond with organs and systems in the body. It's very relaxing, especially if you stand on your feet all day.