Where else in Cooly can you enjoy fresh, delicious and authentic Yum Cha? Thanh Binh Bamboo is an elegant Asian Fusion Restaurant serving up the freshest flavours of Vietnamese, Japanese, Thai and Chinese cuisine. “Thanh Binh” means ‘peaceful’ in Vietnamese, and the restaurant certainly delivers, with a stylish, contemporary setting including bamboo plants and low-hanging lights.
Head chefs Paul Ngo and Binh Nguyen have 30 years' experience in top-tier Asian eateries, focusing on fresh, quality food and authentic Asian flavours. With an emphasis on contemporary Vietnamese, the expansive menu includes a wide range of dumplings, including:
- BBQ pork buns
- Shanghai dumplings
- Chicken and prawn dumplings
- Prawn and pork dumplings
- Steamed gyoza dumplings
- Deep fried dumplings
Other mouth-watering options include sushi and fresh sashimi, Thai curries, tempura, roast duck, chicken karrage, salt and pepper prawns, and sizzling plates, plus seasonal specials such as local mud crab with XO sauce. Eating healthily at Yum Cha – is it possible? Follow these tips:
- Order some vegies: don’t forget the green stuff! This will also aid digestion
- Order more steamed dishes: don’t get carried away with the fried dumplings when there are so many delicious steamed varieties available.
- Drink up: pairing a pot of herbal tea with your meal will help fill you up so you don’t overdo it, while helping you stay hydrated.
- Go easy on the soy sauce: it’s quite high in salt, so a little goes a long way.
- Take your time: chew slowly and savour your food and you are less likely to overeat.
- Park far away: a short walk to your car will help burn off some of those dumplings!